East lancs CCG logo

| | | |  


On Friday 1st July 2022 clinical commissioning groups (CCG's) across the country were closed and were replaced by new NHS organisations known as Integrated Care Boards.

Therefore, NHS East Lancashire CCG no longer exists and has been replaced (along with the othe seven CCGs in Lancashire and South Cumbria) by the new NHS Lancashire and South Cumbria Integrated Care Board (ICB)

Please visit the new ICB website

Temporary suspension of minor injuries services at Accrington Victoria Community Hospital

 Sharon Gilligan, Director of Operations for East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust said:

 “We are currently experiencing an unprecedented demand for our urgent and emergency care services. In addition, the organisation has a higher than normal number of clinical staff who are absent from work due to sickness and Covid-19 related reasons.

 “Therefore, the Trust and East Lancashire Clinical Commissioning Group have taken the very difficult decision to temporarily close the Minor Injuries Unit at Accrington Victoria Community Hospital.

 “This is a measure we have successfully taken in the past to allow clinical staff to be redeployed across other healthcare settings; enabling us to continue providing safe, personal and effective care for all our patients. The situation will be reviewed on a regular basis.”

 The service will close from 8.30pm on Sunday, January 10, 2021 and these measures will remain in place until further notice.

 Dr David White, GP and Emergency Care Lead for East Lancashire and Blackburn with Darwen Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCG’s) said:

“Patients requiring assistance are advised not to attend Accrington Victoria Community Hospital and instead report to Rossendale Minor Injuries Unit in Rawtenstall, Royal Blackburn Teaching Hospital or Burnley General Teaching Hospital.

 “However, it is important that you consider all of the healthcare options available to you. This may be self-medication where appropriate, an appointment with your GP, speaking to your local pharmacist, NHS 111 or NHS online services or the emergency dental line for urgent dental problems.