Safer Sleep for Baby
290 babies die unexpectedly before their first birthday every year. Follow our six steps to safer sleep:
- Keep baby away from smoke, before and after birth
- Put baby in a cot, crib or moses basket to sleep - never fall asleep with them on a sofa or chair
- Never fall asleep with baby after drinking or taking drugs/medication
- Put baby to sleep on their back with their feet to the foot of the cot
- Keep baby’s head and face uncovered and make sure they don’t get too hot
- Breastfeed your baby - support is available if you need it.
Find out more at www.lancashire.gov.uk and search ‘safer sleep for baby’ or call the Foundation for the Study of Infant Deaths (FSID) helpline on 0808 802 6868.