IMPORTANT INFORMATION: COVID-19 IN HYNDBURN
Statement from Cllr Miles Parkinson, OBE, Leader of Hyndburn Borough Council:
“The Council is a member of the multi-agency Lancashire Resilience Forum, which continues to monitor the transmission rate of the coronavirus within our community on a daily basis. Unfortunately, we have seen a small rise in the number of positive tests across the Borough over the past 7 days which has resulted in Hyndburn moving up to 7th in the latest Government published data.
We are therefore urging all Hyndburn residents to follow the government guidelines below and by working together we can slow and reverse the small increase immediately.”
- If you have ANY of the coronavirus symptoms (a high temperature, a new continuous cough, a loss or change in your sense of smell or taste) get a FREE test as soon as possible and self-isolate until you have the results of this test.
- Wash or sanitise your hands frequently and keep your face clean.
- Wear face coverings on public transport (exemptions apply) and public places where required.
- Avoid all crowded spaces such as group gatherings or events.
- Continue to keep 2m minimum distance from those not in your household.
- Tell friends, family and neighbours about important updates you see, including this one.
- If you are contacted by NHS Test and Trace, carefully listen and follow their instructions.
“Everyone needs to follow this guidance and frequently check our website and social media feeds for updates. It is vital we reach as many people as possible with this information, as everyone within our community must play their part in helping us reduce transmission of the virus.”
If you need to get a test, visit: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing-and-tracing/get-an-antigen-test-to-check-if-you-have-coronavirus/
For guidance on face coverings and staying safe when outside your home, visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/staying-safe-outside-your-home/staying-safe-outside-your-home