Level 3 Weather Alert issued for North West
A few tips for the cold weather period:
- Take precautions when planning journeys and keep a check on the Met Office website for updates which will be issued if there are any alert level changes.
- Grit your driveways and footpaths.
- Take care when out walking and wear shoes with a good grip to avoid slipping.
- Look out for those most vulnerable, particularly the elderly and those of ill-health.
- Keep warm; have regular hot drinks and meals, wrap up and try to keep your household temperature to at least 18C.
For further weather information go to: www.metoffice.gov.uk
For health advice on keeping well this winter visit: http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/winterhealth/Pages/Winterhealthhome.aspx