Pendle and Burnley Memory Walk
A Memory Walk is a sponsored walk for all ages and abilities to raise money to defeat dementia.
There are options for shorter routes too (either 2 miles or 3.5 miles) which are accessible for wheelchairs and pushchairs.
Who can come with me?
Bring along your friends and family and dogs - the more the merrier! Under 16s will need to take part with an adult who must have registered to take part. The walk is suitable for people of all ages and abilities, including those living with dementia. Dogs are welcome but must be kept under control at all times.
What should I bring?
Suitable shoes – the ground is uneven and muddy in places, (especially if wet) so please wear suitable shoes for these conditions. And it's a good idea to bring:
- water – we will be providing bottled water but please bring your own too
- sun cream – sometimes the sun does come out, so please check the weather and be prepared
- an umbrella and waterproof coat – check the weather and be prepared for rain
- food- you may get hungry along the way
- some cash – you may want to buy snacks and refreshments will be available at both starting points
How can I fundraise for the Alzheimer’s Society?
We believe that JustGiving is the best way to fundraise because:
- it's easy for friends to sponsor you, via debit/credit card, PayPal or text
- your money is sent directly to Alzheimer’s Society within days of the donation being made
- it's the best way to ensure that the charity can easily claim Gift Aid
- it ensures that all your data is secure
- JustGiving provides a range of tools to maximise your fundraising.
Alternatively, you can use a sponsorship form and hand in your sponsorship money on the day to one of the organisers.
We’d like people to register for the walk beforehand.