Improving GP Access
We are consulting on a proposed new model for Primary Care developed by our GPs to improve access to GP services in East Lancashire. After initial feedback from our patients, our vision is for same day access, 8am-8pm 7 days a week to a GP wherever you are in East Lancashire. This consultation is about the principles of delivering extended GP access for you. We would like to hear what you think.
The proposed new model of Primary Care would not change patient access to:
- Routine GP opening hours (8am to 6.30pm)
- GP out of hours across East Lancashire (6.30pm to 8am)
- Minor Injuries Units at Rossendale and Accrington
- The Urgent Care Centre in Burnley
Currently we fund a Health Access Walk-in Centre based at Accrington Victoria Community Hospital which aims to serve the whole of East Lancashire. An alternative to the Health Access Centre (based in Accrington) is being considered. This alternative is to introduce Health Hubs in Burnley, Hyndburn, Pendle and Rossendale, rather than operating one centre for the whole of East Lancashire. Each of these hubs would be contactable by phone and offer access to GP services by appointment from late afternoon to 8pm Monday to Friday. In addition, the hubs in Burnley and Hyndburn would offer 8am to 8pm appointments on Saturdays and Sundays for all East Lancashire residents. For Ribblesdale patients, this would be available on Saturday mornings.
For more information about the Current and Proposed Models please visit the section of our website. To read the more detailed proposals for your area, select the relevant link below:
- Consultation on our proposals to improve access to GP services in Burnley
- Consultation on our proposals to improve access to GP services in Hyndburn
- Consultation on our proposals to improve access to GP services in Pendle
- Consultation on our proposals to improve access to GP services in Ribblesdale
- Consultation on our proposals to improve access to GP services in Rossendale
Please spare 10 minutes to complete this survey. Your response will be completely anonymous and your feedback will be considered by our GPs as they finalise the new model. The consultation closes on 8 July 2016. Download the survey.