Macmillan Move More Programme
Helping people with breast cancer get active.
Who we are
The ‘Move More’ programme helps people with breast cancer across East Lancashire and Blackburn with Darwen to become more active. Our exercise specialists will help you find effective and safe ways to be active and stay active, no matter where you are on your cancer journey. We provide support including:
- One to one assessments and consultations
- Access to friendly, highly qualified exercise professionals
- A tailored activity programme
- Help with setting personal goals and planning ongoing support
- Discussing concerns or providing more information about the benefits of physical activity
- Access to a wide variety of physical activity sessions.
Why ‘move more’?
Being more physically active can help people with cancer cope with and recover from the negative effects of cancer and its treatment and also decrease the risk of developing other health conditions. Being active can:
- Reduce fatigue and tiredness
- Reduce anxiety and stress
- Help maintain a healthy weight
- Manage side effects or after effects of treatment
- Reduce osteoporosis
- Help look after your heart.
Who is it for?
The Move More Programme is available for patients living in:
- Blackburn with Darwen
- Ribble Valley
- Rossendale and
Get in touch
Your cancer nurse, GP or physiotherapist can refer you to the project. Alternatively you can make a self-referral or find out more by getting in touch.
Beth Sutcliffe Macmillan Physical Activity Coordinator Macmillan Move More Programme Tel: 01254 585 992 Mobile: 07872 047 684
For more informtion and to download the Move More Referral Form please visit the website:
No one should face cancer alone. For support, information or if you just want to chat, call us free on 0808 808 00 00 (Monday to Friday, 9am–8pm) or visit http://macmillan.org.uk.