Are you thinking of returning to general practice?
If you’ve taken a break from NHS general practice there is a direct route back through the GP Induction and Refresher Scheme. The scheme provides a safe and supported route for qualified GPs to return to NHS general practice in England after taking a break of two years or more. The scheme is tailored to meet your learning needs, experiences and personal commitments, and it has lots of new features to make things simpler for you. There’s more financial and practical support available and access to a dedicated account manager to guide you through the process. Whatever the reasons for your break – whether you’ve taken time out to raise your family or care for someone, or to work abroad or in a different profession or role – our scheme could be for you.
What’s on offer?
• A tailored programme to meet your needs, experiences and personal commitments
• A bursary of up to £3,500 a month while you are on a placement
• Help towards indemnity costs and other fees
• No fees for the first sittings of assessments
• Reimbursement of fees for the Portfolio route
• Access to a dedicated account manager to help guide you through the process
• If you are living or working overseas you can complete parts of the scheme before moving back to England. There is also the option of an assessment free portfolio route for UK trained GPs currently working in primary care abroad.
Start your return journey, register now.